Part-time Nutritionist / Weight Management Dietitian
Title: Part-time Nutritionist / Weight Management Dietitian
Department: Weight Management
Reports To: Clinical Manager/Program Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: This individual will provide a broad range of clinical nutrition services including screening, assessments, instructions, and ongoing monitoring to patients. He/she will develop individualized programs for patients based on fitness assessments and patient’s medical status at intake and will provide follow-up to assess progress. Additionally, this individual will prepare and coordinate group nutritional classes and other educational programs.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Weight Loss Program
- Document initial instruction and ongoing patient progress
- Review and make pertinent recommendations to food records of the patients
- Regularly review patient progress and identified potential barriers to success
- Positively motivate patients toward weight loss goals by reviewing and encouraging known keys to success
- Schedule appointments, place reminder phone calls for appointments, and prepare lab requests as needed
- Maintain accurate program enrollment records
- Monitors and tracks product sales
- Maintains appropriate levels of supplies and product inventory; makes recommendations to improve inventory process as needed
- Facilitates dynamic group class lectures on nutrition topics utilizing multimedia such as power point, videos, visual demonstrations, and written handouts
- Demonstrate initiative to improve services and materials with little direct supervision.
- Communicate issues or concerns to Practice Administrator in a timely and professional manner.
- Enhance professional growth and development through staff meetings, education programs, conferences, etc.; attends meetings and participates as required.
- Contribute to team effort by fulfilling other duties as needed.
- Stay current with changing technology, including software and industry specific programs
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- (Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Walking – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Sitting – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Reaching with hands and arms – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Climbing or balancing – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Talking or hearing – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Tasting or smelling – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Travel- Approximately 1/3 to 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Weight lifted/Force exerted – An average of approximately (30) pounds, less than 1/3 of on-the-job time, non-continuously.
- Vision – must have clear vision near and far, with or without corrective measures
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Environmental – There is little to no exposure to hazardous environmental conditions.
Noise – Moderate to Loud (i.e. typical medical practice noise – patients, computers, printers, phones, fax machines, etc.)
Further details, questions, and information can be sent to email@example.com Please, email your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org, mail it to 5350 Eastern Ave, Davenport IA 52807, or fax it to 563-359-1512.