Title: Registered Nurse
Reports To: Clinical Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: This individual will provide high quality nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. Key accountabilities include: rooming of patients, assessments and planning, EMR Documentation, assisting physicians with care and procedures, and phone triage.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Perform routine procedures (obtain vitals, administer injections, etc.) in accordance with accepted standards of nursing practice, and document in patient’s chart
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients
- Observe, record, and report patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispense medication as necessary
- Maintain timely flow of patients and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations
- Greet patients and prepares them for physician examination
- Obtain and process laboratory specimens
- Arrange for patient testing and admissions as needed
- Conduct phone triage to assess patient needs and issues and respond appropriately
- Maintain and review patient’s records, charts, and other pertinent information to ensure all documentation and testing is up to date.
- Ensure exam rooms are equipped with necessary supplies and materials, and placing orders if required
- Maintaining hygienic and safe working environment in compliance with the healthcare procedures
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees and professional development as required.
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods
- Maintain knowledge of and complies with established policies and procedures, including OSHA.
- Work toward continuous quality improvement
- Stay current with changing technology, including software and industry specific programs
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred, Associate Degree in Nursing required.
- Must be an Registered Nurse with a current state license
- One to two years related experience and/or training
- Knowledge in the operation of computers, Microsoft office and email
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current State RN Licensure
- CPR/First Aid Instructor – Preferred
- Drivers license and acceptable driving record
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing – Approximately 1/3 to 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Walking – Approximately 1/3 to 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Sitting – Approximately 1/3 to 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel – Approximately 1/3 to 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Reaching with hands and arms – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Climbing or balancing – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Talking or hearing – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Tasting or smelling – Approximately 1/3 to 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Travel- Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Weight lifted/Force exerted – An average of approximately up to 10 pounds greater than 2/3, up to 25 pounds 1/3-2/3 and up 40 pounds less than 1/3, of on-the-job time, non-continuously
- Vision – must have clear vision near and far, with or without corrective measures
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Environmental – Exposure to biohazardous conditions 1/3 to 2/3 of on-the-job time
Noise – Moderate to Loud (i.e. typical medical practice noise – patients, computers, printers, phones, fax machines, etc.)
Further details, questions, and information can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, email your resume and application to email@example.com, mail it to 5350 Eastern Ave, Davenport IA 52807, or fax it to 563-359-1512.