The Group offers onsite ultrasound procedures, which are performed by one of our experienced and caring registered diagnostic medical sonographers. We have the capability to assess the following, to ensure the health of your baby:
- Dating Ultrasound
- Anatomy Scan
- Growth Ultrasound
- Biophysical Profile
- Nuchal Translucency
- Cervical Lengths
In addition to routine obstetric ultrasounds, we can also provide specialized care in pregnancies with increased risk including:
- Gestational or Chronic Hypertension
- Gestational or Preexisting Diabetes
- History of Pre-Term Delivery
- Advanced Maternal Age
- Placenta Previa
- Twin Pregnancy
Ultrasound is a diagnostic tool that also helps physicians evaluate obstetric related conditions such as:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Assessing for anomalies of the reproductive tract
- Assessing for ectopic pregnancies
- Monitoring of ovarian follicles during treatment for infertility
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
Preparing for Ultrasound
One to Two Hours Before
- Empty your bladder. Do not empty your bladder again until after the test is done.
- If you have a bladder catheter, this should be clamped 1-2 hours before the test.
One Hour Before
- Drink four eight-ounce glasses
- You may take your usual medicines before your test.
What to Expect
- Ultrasound is usually painless. However, you may experience mild discomfort.
- A typical ultrasound exam takes 30 minutes.
- Gel is put on the skin and a scanner is placed on the area to get a picture using sound waves.
- When your exam is complete, a trained sonographer analyzes the images and sends a report to your physician. Your physician will share the results with you. You will be asked if you prefer to receive printed copies or email/text images of your baby!
- If you opt for digital images, you will receive brief instructions via email/text, along with a link to your unique landing page. You may then choose to open the link using your browser or using the Tricefy Mobile App. Select Download Image or right-click/hold down on the image and SAVE. Once images are saved or downloaded, they can be posted on social media, emailed to family, and/or shared with friends! (The originals, stored within Tricefy, are secure and encrypted. The link lifespan is 90 days, but you may delete the page, voiding the link, before it expires by using the Delete Code provided.)