The Group offers onsite ultrasound procedures, which are performed by one of our experienced and caring registered diagnostic medical sonographers. We have the capability to assess the following, to ensure the health of your baby:
- Dating Ultrasound
- Anatomy Scan
- Growth Ultrasound
- Biophysical Profile
- Nuchal Translucency
- Cervical Lengths
In addition to routine obstetric ultrasounds we can also provide specialized care in pregnancies with increased risk including:
- Gestational or Chronic Hypertension
- Gestational or Preexisting Diabetes
- History of Pre-Term Delivery
- Advanced Maternal Age
- Placenta Previa
- Twin Pregnancy
Ultrasound is a diagnostic tool that also helps physicians evaluate obstetric related conditions such as:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Assessing for anomalies of the reproductive tract
- Assessing for ectopic pregnancies
- Monitoring of ovarian follicles during treatment for infertility
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
Preparing for Ultrasound
One to Two Hours Before
- Empty your bladder. Do not empty your bladder again until after the test is done.
- If you have a bladder catheter, this should be clamped 1-2 hours before the test.
One Hour Before
- Drink four eight-ounce glasses
- You may take your usual medicines before your test.
What to Expect
- Ultrasound is usually painless. However, you may experience mild discomfort.
- A typical ultrasound exam takes 30 minutes.
- Gel is put on the skin and a scanner is placed on the area to get a picture using sound waves.
- When your exam is complete, a trained sonographer analyzes the images and sends a report to your physician. Your physician will share the results with you. You will leave with a few pictures of your baby!